Monday, March 22, 2010

Ooops I did it again!!

The embarrassing mistakes (that I recall of now) I've made while reporting Defects/Bugs from my Rookie days till now:

Obvious ones:
1>Asked to refer a attachement in report, never attached one to the report.
2>Incorrect Spelling/Grammer.
3>Expecting a developer to understand the context in which I have filed the defect. i.e. not specifying the steps to reproduce.
4>Reporting a defect on incorrect version.
5>Re-opening a defect on a version which is not yet released. (I know, What was I thinking).
6>Refering to wrong table for values which I would not find in them.

Tricky ones:
1>While testing for values in a recently added column in a table forgot to sort query results in desc. order.
That way the entries for older records was ZERO/NULL and I think it's a defect.
2>Mentioned in defect report that I clicked on a buuton,when I actually hit a button using keyboard.


Ofcourse the Idea here is not to show how naive I was in my early years as a tester, but to get to know common mistakes we all make.
Well ofcourse also to gain something out of it!!!

Tell me about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment